recipes cooking december Meat pies (Tourtières)
- 4 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) ground pork
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg) ground veal
- 4 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
- The onions and garlic should be softened in oil in a big pot. After adding the meat, simmer it for another 15 minutes while stirring to break up the pieces. Add salt and pepper to taste. When the potatoes start to break apart, add the additional ingredients and simmer, stirring often, for about 45 minutes. Cool down. Seasoning can be adjusted. For four hours or until totally cooled, cover and place in the fridge.Pre-heat the oven to 190 °C (375 °F), with the lowest rack in place.Using pastry, line six pie plates measuring 23 cm (9 inches). Add the cooled meat mixture on top. Add a second crust on top. Make a cut in the middle. With a fork or your fingers, seal the lip. For 50 to one hour, bake or when the crust has turned golden.FROM RICARDO: NOTEGood advice1 lb (454 g) of ground meat should be used per pie. It's simple to recall and enables you to create the desired number of pies. To check for seasoning adjustments, simply taste the cooked meat mixture.
Hi FOOD LOVERS, and thanks for visiting my blog post!. I love food. Ever since I was a little kid I have had this immense passion for cooking.I thought to myself. Why not share with the rest of the world wholesome healthy foods and ways to be happy and healthy that will keep even the most snobby foodie asking for more.
Subscribe to: Post Comments ( Atom )